Tuesday 2 December 2014

Let's exterminate!

December 2, 2014

The itching sensation woke me up around 1am and I was so distracted by it I decided to do some more research regarding demodex mites.  In particular, their lifespan and how to eradicate them.  


The word pyrethrin stood out to me and I remembered seeing something like this in our medicine cupboard.  It was a bottle of head lice shampoo called Pyrenel Foam contained Pyrethrin and Piperonyl Butoxide.

At 7.30am, I was in the shower and used the Pryenel Foam as an insecticide.  It foamed beautifully in my hair and I used the lather to coat my entire body in foam.  I was careful to avoid my eyes but I applied it to the lower half of my face.  I stood in the shower (with the water turned off) and waited for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.

Perhaps it was overkill, but I then followed my morning routine of washing, blotting with paper towel, applying ointment and dabbing the pure TTO as needed.

Over the course of the day, I could feel a couple of new bumps forming low down on my right jawline and dotted the pure TTO during the course of the day.


For several hours I didn't experience any itching on my scalp or body but as the night fell, I started to feel like things were moving on my skin.  I will do the full body and hair treatment again in a few days time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to chat? Share your progress or ask a question here but spam will not be tolerated.