Monday 1 December 2014

I readily researched rosacea.

November 29, 2014

I have 8 weeks until my next appointment and I am on a mission to present myself to her with a fresh face.

Thanks to Google, these are things which I have found particularly interesting:

  • Demodex mites are in proportionately greater numbers on rosacea affected skin.
  • Tea Tree Oil is a highly respected antiseptic.  Demodex mites don't really like tea tree oil.
  • You can ingest diluted borax which changes the preferred habitat for the demodex mite.
  • Human insecticides can assist in temporary eradication.  
  • Deplorable witch doctors are taking advantage of  rosacea sufferers who are at their wits end.  Human nature, I suppose.
The easiest way to start was to take a look at Tea Tree Oil (TTO).  Tea tree oil has been claimed to be useful for treating a wide variety of medical conditions...(source Wikipedia, Tea Tree Oil). It kind of sounds a bit witch doctor-ish but I've done a lot of reading and confident that what I've read so far about TTO in correlation with demodex mites and rosacea at least needs to be considered.

Chemist Warehouse has a range called Thursday Plantation and I purchased three products:
  • Tea Tree Facewash for Acne 150ml
  • Tea Tree Antiseptic Ointment 30g
  • Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (100% pure)
Facewash first.  I wet my face over the basin and then spread two pumps worth over my face and into my brows (avoiding the eyes) and it felt so cool I decided to leave it there for a minute before rinsing it off.  

After rinsing, I blotted my face with two sheets of paper towel.  My face felt fresh.

Next, I generously applied the Antiseptic Ointment to my face.  The coating left me glistening and felt nice.

Finally, I dotted some of my pimply bumps with the pure TTO.  Since it was on top of the ointment, the fact that it was undiluted didn't concern me.  

And I took a photograph of each cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to chat? Share your progress or ask a question here but spam will not be tolerated.